1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE! My del sol won't run

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Masonj123, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Masonj123

Masonj123 napolean

Ok so I have a 93 del sol that I bought last summer with a b16a sir 2 gen swapped into it already, and I only drove it 100 miles and then I parked it and a week later it would not start :(. So I pulled the ecu and opened it up and the q31 transistor was burned up, so I figured maybe the ecu was just bad so I but a new one in and the same transistor burned up. But I don't think that is the problem. My car wants to start but it will die immediately after it starts, I have spark and it seems to be getting fuel at first when it starts but then it dies like it has no fuel. also when I pull the spark plugs they do not have any gas on them.... I am wondering if maybe it is the fuel pump or the rely???? Does anyone know what the q31 transistor does, do I have a short somewhere? The check engine light was also coming on when the car ran, I checked the codes out but I don't remember what they were I think it might of been 2, and 11. Thanks I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you could offer me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  2. Masonj123

Masonj123 napolean

If any one has any suggestions on what I should check on my car itwould be greatly appriciated. I am thinking about changing the fuel pump rely and seeing if that does anything. Thanks

3. Masonj123

Masonj123 napolean

I talked to a guy that builds motors and he said that my timing belt could of jumped teeth, since it is pretty loose because I think the belt tensioner is bad. What should I do to check this?

4. whitericethinktwice

whitericethinktwice New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted