Help please...ready to kill the crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jelma1854

Ok.. we just got another crx...last one was run into a tree(long story)..ok here is the problem...we have swapped a b16a vtec and now we are haviing a few problems...when it is cold it idles wonderfully...once it warms up it sounds like it is missing and spits and sputters...we have had it to a dyno..we changed the plugs, has a pr3 ecu, now when you barely touch the gas after it warms up..it spits asnd sputters and bucks..does anyone have any help they can offer ...before i drive it off a cliff

Last edited:
Sounds like it may be the TPS and/or MAP sensor.

As for the idle; may be related to IACV, IAT, or FITV if you have one. Clean the IACV and FITV, and see if that helps with idling.

Sounds like it may be the TPS and/or MAP sensor.

As for the idle; may be related to IACV, IAT, or FITV if you have one. Clean the IACV and FITV, and see if that helps with idling.
Yup.

I would also replace the wires, cap, and rotor if you replaced the plugs.

spit &sputter

i just swaped a 91 ls into my 90civic and it startsup no prob. idles good but when
i drive and get up some rpm it stutters.it also runs rough and starts rough any ideas?

i just swaped a 91 ls into my 90civic and it startsup no prob. idles good but when
i drive and get up some rpm it stutters.it also runs rough and starts rough any ideas?

here's one... start your own thread!

Back