Help Please?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slickrick

Hey i just got this 90 civic hatchback from a friend because my mitsubishi galant's tranny blew up. its bone stock except for a pacesetter exhaust. yea i know big whoop. now its got a 4 speed tranny in it and he said it was the baseline model. now my first question is which model is that? there isn't a badge or anything on the body. i didn't get a manaul or anything with it either. now my second question is what motor would be worth swapping into this? i wanna be able to run 13's in the quarter mile. so any help is greatly appreaciated. thanks -Ricky

what do ya guys think about this idea?

Step 1 ~ dont give a shit about what it looks like ....gut it ...strip it ....spot weld it ....around the inside ....and out side of the car .....and get a Roll Cage ...get a Front upper & lower Strut Bar .....Rear Lower & Upper Strut Bar.

Step 2 ~ get a USDM B18c...find a ITR crank .....get some CTR pistons with a o.25 overbore ....and a B16 head ..and some CTR cams...with a thinner head gasket ...a good P&P ...port matched intake manifold ...with a Hondata IM gasket ....(with use of a B16 head ...you'll be using the stock B16 IM , or get a Skunk2 IM)get all the rest of essential bolt on's ....I/H/E ...(the header should be port matched as well to have better flow efficency)....a bored T/b (throttle body) is not nessecary ...but will increase engine response ....its your call about that one....

Step 3~ find a b16 tranny .....and GET LSD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Step 4~ get a big brake kit .....or buy a ITR five lug conversion ...for 1500.00 ...sell the OEM ITR wheels ....for about 800.00 , and buy some lightweight 15x7 rims .....

Step 5~ get coilvers .....Tein ...Zeal ....JIC Magic .....just as long as they are adjustable ....

sounds like lists i used to make up in high school when i was bored..lol..hey man..all u need in this game is DOUGH..

Originally posted by JrSiRb16A@May 27 2003, 03:09 PM
sounds like lists i used to make up in high school when i was bored..lol..hey man..all u need in this game is DOUGH..

:werd:

step 5 should be like step 2 or 3, suspension plays a big part in racing, specially in track times.

Back