Help PLEAse??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AS_da

im new here so i dont know where to post it but maybe this is the rite spot so let me begin!! im buying my new teg and it has overheating issues so is that due to the head or block cause the owner told me its the block but as of i know overheating is only the head and the onther motor he gonna give to me burns oil so he told its the head so idk much bout burning oil so help please and can i put together the good parts to make a working motor??

Well the overheating issue is either going to be air in the lines that didn't get purged out properly, a radiator fan that isn't turning on at idle, or more likely it has a blown head gasket. My guess would be the latter because most likely this guy has attempted to bleed the system and probably knows if the fan works or not.

As far as the engine that burns oil goes you probably shouldn't waste your time. It's either going to be oil coming through the valve seals and being burned, or perhaps the piston rings on one or more cylinders are not doing so good. Or it may be a combination of both. Either way its gonna require the motor to be rebuilt with new parts in the bottom, top, or both ends possible. Probably a lot more work then its worth.

I would say it'd make most sense to fix the overheating engine. see if you can figure out more specifics as to when its overheating and what things occur while it happens. Only while driving, at idle, all the time? Is this engine still in a car currently and can you run it to test for some things? Also how many miles is on this thing, and how does it sound even though its overheating? the oil isn't a chocolate milkshake color i hope..

the overheating motor is still in the car but he took out the head and was gonna take out the motor but got plans and went other ways so i bought it and he said i could put the head onto the other block to make it work but idk...please help?

Back