help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm doing a swap on my 89 civic hb si. I'm putting in a b18a1. I'v got a b16 cable tranny to go along with it. i know it is going to romp and stomp when it is in but for now it is not. can i use my stock 89 si shift linkage? i have the integra stabalizer linkage. can i use the automatic intake or will i need to get one from a manual? i'v got placeracing mounts so my motor will set in. will the si down pipe be long enough to fit around the oil pan of a b18a1? I'm guessing i have to get the integra trottle cable. does anyone have any idea about the vacumm because i was told defferent things about it. i know i have to shave my front mount. i have the axles.am i forgetting any thing that i will need to do or have or swap out? also What are the two oil lines on the cable b16 tranny for? can i just loop them together? or do i have run them somewhere on the motor? thnaks.

hey man, yes the b16a tranny will be amazing for short, but it will kill u on the freeway, and no u need BOTH pieces of the integra linkage to make it work, and u need to cut and weld them to make them fit. the intake SHOULD work fine u might have to trim a little tho. but u said ur car was an auto, so u might wanna invest in some manual cams, or aftermarket cams, b/c auto cams are very weak compared to manual cams. i use the stock Si downpipe on a 91 integra manifold. yes u need the integra speedo cable, and clutch cable. i dont know about the vaccume lines or oil lines in tranny tho.

The auto intake manifold will be ok , There's couple hose u need to cover, it's depend on what kind the b16a cable tranny u have, If u have Y1 then it's perfect, but not S1, J1, or YS1 ( final gear is high 4.400 compare to Y1 is 4.270 ) U have to have Integra shift linkage ( cut and weld to make it fit ). The speed cable oil lines u just need to loop it around. Use integra gas cable.

Back