help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1fastmofo

i have a 97 accord w a 2.2b sohc non vtec...motor was messing up so i pulled it and installed a 98 2.3 sohc v tec. car will spin over and its gettin fire. I checked my injectors with noid lights and they are pulsing....(does not mean they are flowing fuel. Pump is brand new walbro 190.
Car will start on starting fluid.

can someone please help me. do i need the 2.3 ecu?

sojer thanks for replying to my troubles so many people will just read it and move on.
no unfortunately i do not have the ecu, I was told by some honda kid that it would work fine, I would rather know i need it for sure before paying 100 bucks for it. do you know if it is required?
i was informed the v tec will not work but at this point i would just like the car to run.

as far as posting on this site some sites require you to up your post count before your able to start a thread.

hmm well i didnt wanna just read and move on but im not 100 % on this but u may need to get that ecu. i do kno the fuel and air map will be different on the 2.3.ill try to research it more and find a postive answer..

8sec, thank you for that. a positive answer would be great. if i do need the ecu do i need to match the number on motor? (theres a number on the motor that looks like a vin on the actual block)

Back