Help! Ready To Give Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90vtec

90 Hatch, ZC Engine, Integra ECU
Okay. I got 5 codes
6: Coolant temp. (sometime there some time not)
7: Throttle angle Sensor (same as above)
8: TDC Sensor (show up quite often)
13: Atmospheric Pressure Sensor (same as as 6 and 7)
20: Electric Load Sensor (always there)

Code 20 is always there, 8 shows up on it's own, but 6,7 and 13 come on all at once. They only come on when all 5 are there.
HELP!!!!! I'm on my second dist. and have two more coming from ebay. Hopefully one will work and fix 8!

Also, the engine ticks. Check and adjusted valves, still does it. Would the TDC being out cause that?
The timing was set without the jumper plug. I didn't know that it exsisted. What does it do. Does it make a big difference?

Any help[ would being greatly appriecated. I'm almost wondering why i didn't stick with the weak ass 1.5l

check all of your wiring plugs, wiring harness, and ECU pinout if they are in the right location. if you have a manual, it's really easier, they tell you how to diagnos it. keep posting, i'm pretty sure the other guys can help you.

Okay. Sometimes the engine runs fine. other times it give codes. After I posted today I drove to school and disconnected the battery to reset the ecu. Afterr school I did not want to start. and when it did it would stay running and almost died when the gas was tapped. Until the engine got warm it was like that. I hard to rev it to about 3-4 rpm inorder for it not to stall. Once it was warm, it just idled high (1400 rpm)

the codes were Coolant temp and AIT Sensor. This makes sense but the AIT temp is about 4 months olkd and off my old engine were it worked fine. I might swicth to my old engine coolant temp sensor. But why does it screw up only some times.

I have another ECU but the indicator led it broken off so I cant tell what it thinks when it's hooked up. Does any body know whatr LED to resolder in. 12 volt im guessing

HELP ME. IM GETTING PISSED WITH THE CAR!

civism. Dont be an idiot!!! Fuck If you got nothing to say that will help keep your stuby fingers of the keyboard!!!!

i banned him for being a retard.

anyway, before i an help, i need to know a little bit more about your setup.

is your car a dx or si/hf ???
how did you wire things up? harnesses? etc
what teg ecu - theres 10 of them
what wire harness did you use?
dohc zc sohc zc?

Ya I was just in a pissed off mood yestarday.

It was a DX
Used the DX harness and added pins/wire follow instructions from www.hybrid.honda-perf.org
PG7 From an 88 integra
Wireharness? What do you mean
DOHC ZC

Just visited the honda dealer. They gave me diagrams of my fuse box. Turns out the Canadian DX does not have an Electric load sensor. Will this effect perf? Or should I swap in a fuse box with it in so that my ECU doesn't Trip?

Where is the coolant sensor. Is it not on the back of the block. My service manual for the ZC says it on the side by the crank angle sensor?

Any ideas?

Back