HELP!!! Rear window rolled down wont come back up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wanderinman

91 Accord Sedan - Power Windows - Rear drivers side window rolled down (worked fine) but I can't make it roll back up. Both front and rear switches would roll it down but not up. I've got the door panel off and all the wiring is good and theres no binding in the system. I either need to know whats going on or a trick to roll that thing up manually because its raining and I've got work in 3 hours.

Quoted post[/post]]
91 Accord Sedan - Power Windows - Rear drivers side window rolled down (worked fine) but I can't make it roll back up. Both front and rear switches would roll it down but not up. I've got the door panel off and all the wiring is good and theres no binding in the system. I either need to know whats going on or a trick to roll that thing up manually because its raining and I've got work in 3 hours.
Did that switch become unplugged when you rolled it down?
The switch needs to be on there to be able to roll it up.

Chances are it's just a quality Honda OEM window motor and it got tired of working.
You should be able to pull the window up while someone is holding the button for you...check fuses too... maybe rain got in it.

Both the switches are on. I can hear the motor trying to turn when I go to roll it down but it is silent when the button is pressed up. Also tried manually raising the window with the button pressed and it wont budge, and I mean solid. I dont see how it could be a fuse since its only the one back window and only going down, but I guess I'll check and let y'all know. At least the rain stopped for now.

This is blowing my mind, why would an electric motor only work going one direction?!

Ok, so I've resolved to go ahead and replace the whole motor/regulator assembly. But I can't get that part in until later next week. I NEED this window up, any ideas? I'll put a dollar in the mail to you if you can figure it out :)

Ok, I dismantled and cursed the window motor, and after taking it apart and springs and magnets flying everywhere I was able to get it to release its hold on the regulator. once that was done I simple reinstalled the window, pulled it up, and bobs your uncle. Anybody got a spare window regulator out of a wrecked accord laying around? Autozone wanted $88 for a new one and thats about a ninth of what I paid for the car so I'm trying to find a used one. Window goes up, windows goes down, my only requirement.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok, I dismantled and cursed the window motor, and after taking it apart and springs and magnets flying everywhere I was able to get it to release its hold on the regulator. once that was done I simple reinstalled the window, pulled it up, and bobs your uncle. Anybody got a spare window regulator out of a wrecked accord laying around? Autozone wanted $88 for a new one and thats about a ninth of what I paid for the car so I'm trying to find a used one. Window goes up, windows goes down, my only requirement.
Ebay has 182 hits. Most are cheaper than 88 bucks but I'm not sure exactly what your looking for.

Appreciate the heads up. I've got the window up now and unable to roll down, got a lot of other little things to handle before I get around to a window. Thanks for the help and I'm sure I'll be posting again about this car.

Back