Help spending $3500

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Liquidblaze

ok heres the deal, i have 98 dx cpe and i got it before i knew anything about cars. So, i started putting stuff on it and now its a piece of shit. My dad said he will lend me $3500 to fix up my car. Well let me say whats wrong with m car first.

4 blown shocks
stock tires
bad goldline coilovers
dents here and there
cracked globe on headlight
cracked windshield
interior needs clean.
missing z3 inserts

current mods
aem intake
goldline coilovers
upper strut bar
chikara header
custom exhuast (infinity g35 resonator with tip)

i just don't know what to do. I just put in a new motor the same kind d16y7. it has 20k miles on it.

can someone help please????

what would i do?

sell it for 3500 bucks, and buy a 7000 car in better shape and just plain out start over.
:)

its financed, huh

Anyway, get some kyb shocks and some decent springs.

I suppose you could get some TYC or other headlights.

I dunno, safelite replaces windshields for >$200

Some GSR leathers

Then get an LS swap.

buy a beater CRX HF, mini-me, boost it, and then take the left over money and get a new windshield and shocks for the other car

edit: when i say beater i mean BEATER, rust never hurt anyone who didnt drag thier hand across it

I would say you're about a full year off from having this all done and taken care of.

First off, Insure it. Keep the glass for a few months, then put in a claim.

Do the body work yourself. Sign up for a class somewhere, but do it yourself. Then hook up with someone do to the paint. don't go crazy with the paint.

Wheels + Tires = Konig Heliums and Falken AZenis, 15". $440 for everything if you play your cards.. ok. If you're good - You'll walk away with a used set for $200. That's 4 lightweight, respectable rims and tires.

Suspension: The Autozone coils really aren't that bad. But if you wanna wait and shop around, you can find used struts and springs from all sorts of websites (Like Hondaswap)

Forget about a stereo. Nothing will rob you of important mod-money than a stereo. Get an XM unit, and replace your speakers with radio shack squeekers. Portable CD / MP3 player is a must. In my 4Runner, my aiwa tape deck has a bad radio, so I listen to my XM tunes through my Creative MuVo MP3 player, into the tape adaptor. Volume is tricky. All that works is the tape head.

Then, of course,ditch that fucking Chikara. I have a Chikara, and I feel it's ok for me to tell you to scrap that hunk of shit. In it's place, get a used Turbo ($100) stock sausage manifold ($10) Wastegate, FMU and BOV and make a turbo. Overall should cost you $400, and you can add to it where you feel fit (FMU = $20, VAFC, computerized = $200).

Follow this plan, shop well and take your time and you'll have money to spare.

-> Steve

I agree with celerity on the turbo...you really should look into a turbo setup. my buddy boosted his d15 for under 700 bucks...that leaves you a lot of money to do whatever else you want to do.

Originally posted by Liquidblaze@Feb 14 2005, 03:02 PM
ok heres the deal, i have 98 dx cpe and i got it before i knew anything about cars. So, i started putting stuff on it and now its a piece of shit. My dad said he will lend me $3500 to fix up my car. Well let me say whats wrong with m car first.

4 blown shocks
stock tires
bad goldline coilovers
dents here and there
cracked globe on headlight
cracked windshield
interior needs clean.
missing z3 inserts

current mods
aem intake
goldline coilovers
upper strut bar
chikara header
custom exhuast (infinity g35 resonator with tip)

i just don't know what to do. I just put in a new motor the same kind d16y7. it has 20k miles on it.

can someone help please????
[post=460786]Quoted post[/post]​

Here's what you do...you take the 3500, invest it all into Sirius Satellite Radio for under 7 dollars a share...drive that piece of shit around a couple years...wait till the stock hits about 30 dollars a share..and then go buy a nicer car

Back