help! swap engine questions..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lkj

i just found that i bought wrong h22a.. i got 1995 h22a engine, auto tranny, harness, and ecu OBD1. my car is f23a4 OBD2. im not sure that 95 auto tranny is bigger than 99 auto tranny. therefore, im not sure if they will fit into my accord?? is that best to return the engine and get other h22a which is P13. what is P13? is it OBD1 or OBD2? help me! thank you

your car wont pass a state inspection with that engine in it, you should have gotten a type s or an H22a4 with a P5P or P5M respectively. They both have immobilizers on the ECU which means you would have to get your ignition cylinder reprogrammed at a dealer.

An OBD1 computer will report "Cannot Connect" if hooked up to a code reader, and will automatically fail you on most state inspections.

The P13 is an OBD1 H22 ECU but you will have to change your harness to work with that computer.

Quoted post[/post]]
your car wont pass a state inspection with that engine in it, you should have gotten a type s or an H22a4 with a P5P or P5M respectively. They both have immobilizers on the ECU which means you would have to get your ignition cylinder reprogrammed at a dealer.

An OBD1 computer will report "Cannot Connect" if hooked up to a code reader, and will automatically fail you on most state inspections.

The P13 is an OBD1 H22 ECU but you will have to change your harness to work with that computer.

Yeah! i found Rywire.com is only produced the wire harness for OBD2 auto to OBD1 auto. which is lucky! so i am mostly concern aobut the tranny fit the bolts in the accord. ALSO i was confused the Rywire said I need a OBD1 P19 tcm to control the tranny. I researched the h22a tranny controller is OBD1 P15 tcm. which is the right one P19 or P15 tcm? thank ya

not really sure, this is a new one for me. if your using an accord tranny youll need the TCM for an accord. so i would say p19

Quoted post[/post]]
not really sure, this is a new one for me. if your using an accord tranny youll need the TCM for an accord. so i would say p19

YEAH! i try to prefer use h22a tranny because it possible pull the horsepower about 225 hp on accord coupe. even i have a skunk2 manifold and d-c sport header possilbe arrive to 250 hp i hopefully.. i just read other forums.. im not sure if its the facts.

lol, you will be no where near 225-250. To hit that point requires 10 grand and ditching both of your current mods. These are hondas not chevys. A new header or Intake only nets 3-5 HP if anything.

yeah.. that what i thought.. allright! yes, i has been spend about 6 thousands on my car.. but im fully against add the turbo. im try put about 250 hp with hondata... im not sure.. i'll satisfied no less than 250 hp under my car's hood.. i hope so.

good luck, youll need a full rebuild, a torque converter that can handle the power and about 3 grand in external components.

yeah.. thank ya for some infomations

Back