Help!?! throwing codes!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TDaddy

Finished the swap and only getting two codes...

1. tps
2. eld

any suggestions?

I heard the eld may be a problem with the dizzy wiring...and the tps may be bad...there was no wiring involved there...

on the TPS uhmm are there screws or rivits? if there are rivets get a dremel cut grooves in to them adn loosen them, then move the TPS around a little. as far as the eld, never heard of it. good luck

Misti was talking to B and he said the ELD(Electric Load Detector) code had something to do with the dizzy...

as for the tps it's screwed on...and we moved it around and then reset the ecu and still throwing the tps code. :shrug2:

Does anyone know how to properly reset the ecu? We took out the ecu fuse in the under the hood fuse box for 10 seconds or more like the our del sol helms said...so I guess that's right...but I wanna make sure i'm doing it right...so that i'm not picking up the same 'old' codes.

Thanks

-dave

pulling out the fuse works.........TPS- if you need a new one you can probably get one from honda motorcycles for a CBR 600, its the same exact thing as a honda car tps sensor. ELD.....hrm....electronic load detector.....dont know about that.......

TPS problem fixed.

ELD - found out car has no ELD... ecu trying to find what's not there, then throwing code.

WHAT DO I DO TO GET IT TO STOP THROWING THIS CODE? it's all i need to do... :)

btw- if you don't know, i'm TDaddy's wife... it is after all... MY car. hehe

Smonkeyboy :huh:

what she said...

oh..and pulling out the fuse didn't work...i tried pulling the fuse like i said before and no change in the codes...then today i disconnected the battery terminals and voila! tps code gone... :shrug2:

It looks like we're gonna just let the eld be...as we can't turn it off with the ecu we're running...so i guess we'll just take it to the ref and hope for the best...

if your CEL is on, you should fail automatically. hopefully the laws where you are are different then here.

I dont think 10 seconds is long enough with the fuse out, i think its more like 5 or 10 minutes. but if disconnecting the battery worked, then it worked.

I installed a toggle switch to make the CEL turn off and on for the codes...with it off there are no CEL blinkings....so i should be coo right?

sounds like it, with it on does it just light up solid, it should, if there are no codes throwing you should have worked out the wiring problems, drive her around a little make sure there is nothing mechanical that will throw one

Let me know how your time at the ref goes, I pm'ed starbellieangel a lit while ago about the problems I heard about with running the pr3 ecu and trying to get it past carb. Good luck, and pm me if you pass it with the obd0 stuff.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Apr 7 2004, 06:25 PM
did you put one of the new cover sheets on it??? .....ill resend you that memo :D

j/j dude, i had to

it's from office space. Yeaah, tps reports, haha. sorry for the thread jacking.

Yeah..apparently the ref know's some stuff....no slippin stuff by him...we won't even be able to slip a JDM P30 past him. But he's been pretty cool about it and helpful too.

Back