HELP! tranny swap info.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclx01

i have a 2001 honda civic lx and its an auto. being that the car is already a d17 series engine its already difficult to find decent performance mods. i was thinking converting it to a manual would add some extra power or at least allow me to access some more torque and hp. is that true?? and what are the parts i would need to change out in order to make it manual?

Yea, it would add a little power but you still have that engine..might wanna consider a swap unless your happy with the basic I/H/E. You will need slave cylinder, clutch & flywheel, tranny, manual tranny starter, pedal assembly, clutch master cylinder & reservoir, mounts, shift linkage & shifter, ecu and hydraulic lines..anything I left out feel free to add. =]

this is the members lounge ....

I would try posting this in the civic thread.

Search the thread before starting your own . You might find the answer with a lil research .

Tech questions dont belong here...

Man I should be a moderator. :)

Lol, I didn't even notice..he asked so I answered..where in richmond you from?

thanks for that list i was bugggin over that...in a perfect world id swap in a k20a or k20a2 for that matter

Back