HELP! Trouble with z6 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

barbarian

So I put a Z6 head on a 1.5 block (92 CX hatch).... It starts and runs but craps out after warm up. Already put correct dizzy and ecu (stock p28) on it. Timing on belt side seems to be correct. Just found out that it's only running on three cylinders (1,2, and 3). Spark test OK... Injector good.. Compression seems to be good but wont know for sure until test tomorrow... Throwing codes for vtec sol (not hooked up yet) and o2 sensor (still gotta get the four wire) but that's it.... Can somebody tell me what the hell is going on?

Originally posted by barbarian@Apr 17 2005, 10:47 PM
So I put a Z6 head on a 1.5 block (92 CX hatch).... It starts and runs but craps out after warm up. Already put correct dizzy and ecu (stock p28) on it. Timing on belt side seems to be correct. Just found out that it's only running on three cylinders (1,2, and 3). Spark test OK... Injector good.. Compression seems to be good but wont know for sure until test tomorrow... Throwing codes for vtec sol (not hooked up yet) and o2 sensor (still gotta get the four wire) but that's it.... Can somebody tell me what the hell is going on?
[post=488157]Quoted post[/post]​

dont know if it helps, but when my o2 sensor fell out (yes it literally fell out on i dragged it home with an exhaust leak), my car ran like piss water, felt mis-firey all over.
good luck tho.

Hook up all sensors and get rid of the present codes.

Fix whatever is causing it to run on three cylinders.

Take timing belt from seems to be correct, to is correct.

You can't get halfway done with something, and wonder why it isn't working.

i was curious because i did the same thing and was wondering if you changed the water pump or any pulleys. i got a del sol timing belt and when i go to turn the crank the belt starts to slip off the top and bottom pulleys but not enough to fall off.

Back