Help!.. trying to connect to xbox live

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. i'm connecting my xbox 360 to my computer using the Microsoft Windows Internet Connection Sharing.. i plugged the ethernet cable into my comp and xbox and got it to recognize the connection but its failing the IP Address test.. i've been following instructions here: Xbox 360: You cannot connect to Xbox Live: The console fails the IP Confirmed test ... but it lost me when it said this:

5. If the connection is listed as Firewalled, the firewall may have to be configured. See your firewall documentation.

6.Enter manual settings in the Dashboard for IP address, subnet mask, DNS address and gateway:
•IP Address : 192.168.0.2
•Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
•Default Gateway : 192.168.0.1
•DNS server (Primary): 192.168.0.1
•DNS server (Secondary): 192.168.0.1
what do i do from here?? its really frustrating and is pissing me off.. please help.. how do i manually enter settings and how do i know what to put there

no.. i have the internet, its just wireless... the router is down stairs on another computer..

ok, well i found where to change the IP address etc.. now i'm just not sure of what to put there.. i did the automatic settings and it still fails the IP address test.. bahh.. bout to say fuck it

ipconfig your computer from the command prompt.

take that IP address, and change the one on your xbox to x.x.x.y
where y = any number from 1-255, although i would use 233 since noone would think to.

is that ICS computer using a static or dynamic IP? not sure if you can pass gateway traffic through the computer with an xbox though.

see, i dont know shit about computers... so i dont know what the hell any of that means

i believe its a dynamicIP

Last edited:
tried connecting and its says
Your console was unable to negotiate a lease with your DHCP server. Make sure that addresses are available on your server. This verifies that your console has a valid IP address. If your console does not pass this test:
-Confirm that there are no other devices on your network with the same IP address

-If you are using a router or gateway, verify that it is configured to assign IP addresses to network devices (DHCP enabled)

Back