1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Tuning!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Uk Civic, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Uk Civic

Uk Civic Junior Member

Hi I am from the uk, and i know this might sound stupid to you guys, but can anybody help me with tuning my civic? I have got a 92 EG civic hatchback 1.5 lsi. I know the engine aint good but the car was a good buy so i had to get it. Anyway, i am desperate for more power, and wondered what the best course of action is? I am guessing an engine swap is the way to go, but any help would be great, as you seem to do this type of thing alot more than we do :worthy: , and there doesnt seem to be many people to get help from in this country!

Many thanks!

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Grab your self a B16A2 from the 92-95 VTi's.

3. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

You have a couple of different routes. You can put a sohc vtec head on that 1.5L and you might get a little more power. You can swap the motor, any B series motor will fit right in. You will need a tranny, ECU, axles, and distributor for the swap. Or leave that $300 P.O.S. motor in there and boost it to hell and back. The choice is up to you. If you are just looking for some daily driven power I would go with the turbo. My .02

4. Uk Civic

Uk Civic Junior Member

Cheers for the help guys! :D But just another question, if i go down the b16a2 route, how easy is it to fit? could you do it yourself or is it best left to the experts?

5. xj0hnx

It will drop right in using the stock mounts,tranny, shiftlinkage, and ECU. If you have a shop with a lift, or even a engine hoist at home and the tools you can do it pretty easily.

6. Uk Civic

Uk Civic Junior Member

That sounds pretty good! I might just have a go at it my self! Anything i need to watch out for? or any problems i might come across?

7. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I say 1.8vtec motor, you will be much better off with more TQ

Milan

8. xj0hnx

Maybe in the UK it is different, but here in Germany wrecked tegs are hard to find, I have only seen a couple in three years.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted