help tunning stock motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i need help to make this car as fast as my old crx..
has same motor but doesnt pull as well
what can i doo rewire??
do somthing to the igniton i wanna make it quicker
help!!!!!!!!
d16

How much $$$$ do you halve to invest? A good mod is to take the exhaust manifold off of a dx motor you might halve to elongate the bolt holes 1/8” to raise it up to mach the ports then get a 4” x 5” x 7/8” piece of aluminum and cut a 2” hole out the center of it and then drill it to bolt to your exhaust manifold and then drill it to bolt to a Mitsubishi eclipse turbo and take it to a exhaust shop to halve the intake and exhaust made for it get to cooler from the eclipse and get a new boost valve this will add around 50 HP for around $1,000 you can set the boost to around 5lbs also you might want to get a 1/8” gasket to lower compression and adjustable cam gear to retard the cam timing a little to make better use of the boost.

Originally posted by joe383@Apr 28 2005, 11:56 PM
How much $$$$ do you halve to invest? A good mod is to take the exhaust manifold off of a dx motor you might halve to elongate the bolt holes 1/8” to raise it up to mach the ports then get a 4” x 5” x 7/8” piece of aluminum and cut a 2” hole out the center of it and then drill it to bolt to your exhaust manifold and then drill it to bolt to a Mitsubishi eclipse turbo and take it to a exhaust shop to halve the intake and exhaust made for it get to cooler from the eclipse and get a new boost valve this will add around 50 HP for around $1,000 you can set the boost to around 5lbs also you might want to get a 1/8” gasket to lower compression and adjustable cam gear to retard the cam timing a little to make better use of the boost.
[post=492874]Quoted post[/post]​

thanxs!!!

yea you can turbo it relatively inexpensively. Or a swap. Search around, that's what this site is all about.

you're just trying to make this SI as fast as your old SI?

i think refreshing the motor would do the trick...
all depends on how much power you want...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 29 2005, 12:36 PM
you're just trying to make this SI as fast as your old SI?

i think refreshing the motor would do the trick...
all depends on how much power you want...
[post=493049]Quoted post[/post]​

alls i did in my crx si was add vtec head and chip...
nothing elce and it pulled well i added that to my new one and its not the same...
why could that be?

Back