1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! TURN SIGNALS

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by richienhek, Dec 7, 2005.

1. richienhek

richienhek Junior Member

Okay could anybody help me out with some information on how to make your turn signals blink faster? My teacher said it had something to do with resistors and circuit breakers.. but wouldn't go too deep into because he said it's illegal.. any help would be much appreciated

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

its just relays

3. tylonalsnifnfool

tylonalsnifnfool Senior Member

Yeah the blinker unit is pretty much a circuit breaker. It uses a bi-metal strip that when heated with current flow, opens the circuit, and when it cools it closes the circuit. Each time this happens it give you a blink. The clicking sound you hear in your dash is the bi-metal snapping back and forth. So I suppose a circuit breaker with a thinner strip would blink faster.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Dig around inside your flasher unit- you'll see a large resistor that most of the juice runs through. Make the value of the resistor smaller and you'll blink faster. Replace it with a variable resistor that has the current resistor size as its high value and you can adjust the blink speed.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted