*HELP*Unknown Issue with Engine Trans for EG ... need to know what to do...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formulasi

I went to work this morning and when i pulled off ...the car hesitated ... id say rather bogged... so i thought nothing of it and continued to go to to work ... when i got there i went to back up .. car bogged again ... now what i mean by bog is how it would be if you had 5 speed and backed up but didnt give it enough gas ..now it only did it when i am parking ...or pulling off ...but it gets worse ... when i am on my way home now its harder to shift into gears ... push the clutch in and all is fine ...try to shift into gear and it becomes rougher to shift pump the clutch in second time and try to shift and all is good .. a little resistance... but it goes .. i got home opened the hood and saw that the ac idler pulley and bracket were wedged between the crank pulley and the AC compressor... it was pressing against the Alt belt and has stripped the top of the belt ... Now what could this be? what was affected by this pulley falling in between the compressor and the pulley? is it the clutch ?pressure plate... i seriously hope that it is not the trans right now ...that would really really really fn suck ...now when the car is moving all is as normal but the issue is only when reversing less then 5mph and pulling off ... i even backed up and took the car out of gear .. no issues with the clutch disengaged....
Anyway any help that i can get will be very helpful... i have to go to work in the morning ...and if i need to call out ill need to do it soon.

Car is
1994 civic hatch with B16a

If I read that correctly, your a/c belt's idler is wedged between the crank pulley and a/c compressor, right? That sounds like the problem. I bet that would put a bit of drag on the engine. Try removing that pulley for starters.

Well its at honda now ...ill get it back tomorrow ... the trans has to come off so now its time to put the clutch and flywheel that i have bought a while ago.....they are not going to be certain until they pull the trans ...4$$.$$ that i had planned for something else... all i hope is that it is not the trans

so what you are saying is that you lag is not because of the belt and pulleys but because of the tranny. well if so it's probably your snchros and clutch fork starting to go bad.

Never seen a trans cause a bogging down condition. That would be a new one. Like to hear what the dealer says about this.

It was the clutch ......causing the stalling /bogging issue.. i thoutght that the pulley wedged between the crank and ac compressor pulleys caused the shifting bogging inssue somehow but that was not the case..... car shifts fine now ... although i really dont know what it feels like as im babying it until the cluch and 8 lb flywheel are broken in

Back