HELP. Vibrations everywhere when going straight and turning right. No

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NSXguy

I'm having a case of bad vibrations when going straight and turning right. No problems nor vibrations when turning left however. Since I am not in interested in NASCAR, I need this fixed and I'm running out of ideas. Here is my setup and what I have tried so far:

1992 Civic Dx h/b
1998 CR-V B20B + manual AWD tranny. :p
Passenger side: Axle from 1992 teg
Driver side: Hybrid axle -> half shaft coming out of tranny from CRV mated to the passenger side from the civic minus the tranny end. I'm also using the CR-V bearings with the plate.
Rear differential not hooked up yet, still the rear is stock.
I also have NEUSPEED lowered springs on the four corners. :dry:

I'm 99% sure it's not tire/aligment related. How do I know this. I put on a different set of tires in the front and I can see a rocking motion of the engine+tranny when driver side wheel is in the air, the car is in gear and the front driver wheel is turning (the passenger one is left on the ground), since it's an open-diff the one with less resistance turnes by itself. When I do the other way around (Driver side on the ground, passenger side on the air and turning), I do not get any rocking motions. :blink:

I do not think it's the CR-V half shaft either. I disconnected both halfshafts, put it in gear, of course went nowhere as the disconnected end was spinning like crazy but no vibrations either. But it might be a bad case of the half-shaft on the spindle end, but I doubt it since before the swap, the car wasn't shaking. :blink:

I do not think it's the bearings nor the ball joints. I did suspect them until yesterday, but went ahead and replaced them with new, on both ends. Still same vibrations when going straight and turning right only.

I also tried to get the driver side axle from a 92 teg, but the ones I was being shown at the parts store are way too short. The other dude with a B20B said he had everything from a 90-93 teg on his drivetrain. But he's using a different tranny as well...

I'm running out of ideas... I did a search and found a couple of guys having the same problem, but the fix was not posted :cry:

Anyone can think of something else ? I'm planning on doing one last thing that might fix the problem, but not sure it will even work out. Please go ahead and submit your ideas...

thanks
Alex

Back