help!! viper alarm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LQQKITZME

Ok heres the deal I bought this car it had an alarm on it i think its the viper 150 esp or something like that i have no manuel i looked all over the net no help
it was working fine my nephew was playing with the remote and it won't lock my doors when i set it or unlock them when i un set it i think he reprogramed the alarm to stop doing it by mashing buttons to many times or in the right sequence any one know what to do to get it back i tried unplugging it and that didn't work

HELP anyone have a manuel for a viper alarm?

if the alarm is still arming and disarming with the transmitter the door locks should still work. what kind of car so i'll know what kind of door lock system the car has? honda? easythe car uses a negative pulse to lock and unlock. the viper alarm should have a couple of harnesses coming out of it one of them should have two wires... a SMALL green and a SMALL blue. the green is the negative lock,blue is the negative unlock. test outputs using a voltmeter set to continuity, or a test light....
voltmeter test.. set to continuity, ground black lead, probe green wire from alarm brain with red lead, arm alarm using transmitter, meter should beep for a split second. now probe blue lead from alarm brain and disarm alarm once again it should beep. if not disconnect wires from car and re test if still no beep door lock outputs may be burnt up.
test light...... connect clip to 12 volts, probe green wire and arm. light shoud blink once fast. probe blue wire and disarm, once again light should blink once real fast, if not do the same test again with wires disconnected from car.

post results and i'll try to help you out. also post what year/model your car is

A lot of times if you don't use relays for the doorlocks, the signal from the alarm brain can weaken over time and will not be enough to lock/unlock the car. The alarm brain only puts out 200 mA of power, that's why you need to use relays.

Back