Help W/ Obd-1 Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darkracer

i am swapping in a d16z6 w/ the P28 ecu, then a T25 turbo on top of that. the question i have is what about the wiring? will most of the wire colors match up so i can just repin the OBD 0 plugs in the engine bay then run the few ( i think like 7 wires) wires that i am missing? Oh BTW going to run a jumper harness on the ecu unless anyone has a cheaper better alternative to run the P28. thanks for the help in advance, peace. :)

The best thing to do in your situation is to get a jumper harness from obd0 to obd1, in which all you do is plug and play. With this swap you will also have to have the intake and exhaust manifolds from an 88-91 si crx or civic. Another thing you will need is the Vtec harness.

For information on how to locate these items, please contact me at Vtec_si2mailcity.com

Good Luck,
Craig

i am going to order a jumper harness from this guy on Honda tech. so that is taken care of, just need to figure out the engine plugs and wiring. so any confirmation of whether the wires in the engine bay are pretty much the same except for the missing VTEC, knock, etc. wires. if that is true then i can do most of the wiring and save me a lot of money, so thanks, peace. :worthy:

need to know cause now i am pretty confused, i have read like three different how to's on this swap and one seems really simple and says just change all the wires over and the other says do all of this changing and repinning etc. i just want to know if i can just use my jumper harness, pull all the wires over to the passenger side and just repin the whole engine harness right there? do it how described in put a 1995 d16z6 into your 89-91 CRX Si? this one seems pretty simple, just need some clarification on the plugs and wiring. thanks, peace. JB :huh:

Back