[HELP]Water entering sunroof JDM EG6 stock sunroof

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

llllllyyy

Currently my ride is JDM EG6 with stock sunroof.
This sunroof does not need rubbers to block/stop water from entering it.
It however allows the water to flow down to the front and back of the car.
But now the right side of the sunroof is collecting water. The left side is still doing fine. I just pour water and it flows right down.
So what can I do?
PS:I just replaced the rubbers around my front windshield.Could this be the cause of the problem?
eg6sunroofan5.jpg

The water is leaking through the weather stripping. Remove the stripping and apply some sealer in there, not too much sealer, or else your weather stripping will not fit properly. Make sure you have a complete seal all the way around. Let it dry than apply the weather stripping back on. On my 93 si, after it had gotten painted it leaked from the moonroof, but that hatch had pretty bad rust prior to all the body work done so that was my reasonings for my leak.

My stripping does not seal the sunroof.
Instead of sealing, the sunroof drains water out with drain pipes at the sides.
I check in several forums and found out that there are drain pipes around the EG6 sunroof.
Problem now is where it is and how many there is?
And how to fix it?
Could it be reached if I remove my windshield?

Not sure. I would guess, if you remove the headliner in the car, than look around by the moonroof hardware to see if you notice water damage in there.

Oh ya, removing the headliner.
Why didnt I think of that?
Thx dude.
Hmmm. Its very late over here already....will send to my mech tomorrow.
Anyways before I send to him does anyone know how many drain pipes eg6 have?

Back