Help,Which Turbo kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Johnnylawless

OK, First off I have looked at way too many kits and now my head is spinning
I haven't got a clue as to which i should get. so let me explain what I want to do
I have a stock B18C5 in a 95 civic coupe. I have about $2000-$2300 to spend on a kit and I don't want to do any engine build-up,and I'm Looking to put out about 300-350HP.Need Info or suggestions on the most complete and reliable kits and maybe best places for pricing.

Thanks,JIM

bring those prospective horsepower numbers down a bit and you could do a homemade kit i suppose- but it'll be tough- save your dimes and nickels and wait so you can afford a good set up

well I've done some rethinking. need opinions on a drag gen 3 kit to get now and then build my engine up then put that on.

Thanks,Jim

Allright kit for the price, but nothing to write home about. With a ITR I would go with a small turbo, custom set-up. The horsepower would never be off the charts (or even at your goals) but the turbo would come alive so low that it would be a blast to drive. if you really want 350+ and are willing to do an engine build, sell the ITR and put the change left over, after a GSR replacement purchase, with the cash you have now and you could set-up a nice build. One you tear an ITR apart and set up for turbo you have ruined the nature of the engine, which is one badass N/A. Start with the GSR if you can.

drag kits suck. worst manifold on the market.

you have a fucking ITR swap.
not a d-series.

with quaility, comes a higher measure of cost.

if you half ass this setup, you WILL blow you $5000 motor.

Yeah, I'm holding off on doing anything right now, i'm sitting on the fence between
All motor monster or FI. just really confused at which I could do for 2000-2500
And get more power and if you guys have any suggestions please post them!!!!

You guys know how it is. You always crave more power!!!!
Jim

killer cams suck for every thing but road racing.

you will hate yourself on the street, highway, crusing mileage, etc.

if 2k is all you have, i'd really forget boost all together.

maybe get some toda 12:1 pistons, and some valve train/stage2 cams

I'ma gonna go with pissedoffsol on this one.

You're not going to boost a quality engine without buying quality parts. Either save up... or just sell the Type-R and boost a B16. It'll be a tad bit cheaper as you have like 7000 dollars to work with if the B18C5 is sold.

VTEC killers suck ass if you need it for a street car. VTEC should always be in place for street. As long as you are on the smaller cam lobe and/or not boosting... you retain the stock fuel economy almost. However, it would be nice just to say that you have the VTEC killers. Well... maybe not.

There have been a number of Type-R's fried by JRSC, I would add to use a Hondata set-up with this, as my belief is that it is a lack of tuning with a hot roots type blower that causes this. His boost retard knob ain't cuttin' it.

Back