HELP why won't my rex run??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

teamflorida AJ

ok i have a 88 crx witha zc in it. The car did run. it does have power to coil but wont fire over. the main relay clicks the clicks again 2 seconds later . now i have a 87 si that did have a problem with the relay before . but th0042 relay is not the same as the 0063 in the 88 crxsi. now car when it ran last acted like it ran outta gas. the died while idling. the 0063 relay worked in the 87. Now i have ckecked for grounds near the distributor. and have found no loose wires even looked a junk yard cars and see no wires for grounds near the distributor. only near the rear of motor.where all grounds come to one spot. Thanks for any help !!

Pull your fuel rail off the injectors or whatever and turn the key to on to prime, and see if your gettin fuel..

Ok guys. checked the ignition signal . I have power to the fuel pump and the coil positive pulsates when cranking. Fuel rail return hoses pumps the fuel out. The code on the ecu is a 15 on the si ecu and 9 and 15 on the integra ecu. Now the diz has a new coil before this problem, just won't start.

injectors, o2 sensors? i'm kinda lost i guess..had some bad gas or something myself last month and my car choked a coupla times. the codes i got indicated fuel injectors or O2 sensors (i think i got codes 9/16 but it's been a while now and my book's in the garage).

i sprayed out the fuel injection system with some carb cleaner, put some fuel system cleaner additive in the tank, ran the cranky b!tch for 20 minutes, and then cleared the codes; no issues since. a good thing, too, as i can't afford to do any serious work on my car right now and it's the daily driver.

any other time i've had an issue it's been ignition module or main relay. ignition module being part of the dizzy, i'm not sure if it may be wonking up the fuel-to-spark sequence for you? that can present as clicky-no-fire..either erratically such that it may start the 10th time, or can go kaput altogether, as well. you're looking at about $90 for a new one and a half hour replacement. unfortunately i didn't check for CEL codes when this happened, i just kinda knew it was time to get a new ignition module based on the symptoms, so i don't know what codes you'd get if that was what went bad.

i'm no expert, but i am a CRX driver. g'luck, i hope someone else here can sort you out if you don't think it's anything i've mentioned.

Check to see if you have spark.. code 15 is ignition output signal which usually comes on when the igniter inside the distributor goes out. If you have an extra distributor around pop it in and see if it will start.

Last edited:
tested the injectors and found them pulsing. so it must be the distributor guys. now i gotta find the td-o3 version. what ya think ????

Found one here.. Rywire - Online Store

there are more companies out there with them too, but I've never dealt with them. I've bought from rywire before so I can vouch for them. Google td03 distributor and you'll find more..

Back