1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help wit my civic?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by ebradley, Sep 13, 2006.

1. ebradley

ebradley New Member

alright guys, im new to this site and need help wit my civic. I have a honda civic lsi 1994 1500cc non vtec (fifth generation i believe). Im lookin to drop a 1.6 vtec into it and need to exactly what i have to get...as far as i know i have to get an engine out of another european civic cause of the engine mounts. i need to know if its a B16a or b im after aswell. I know i'll need the axels, half shaft, shift linkage, wire looming, transmission, ecu and obviously the engine. any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
    ebradley
    IrishCivic

2. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

It's probably the simpliest honda swap. It doesn't matter what B-series you get though. They all fit, it's just what motor you really want. Google it, there are plenty of write ups.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  3. n0re781

n0re781 New Member

dont forget motor mounts...

im droping in a b16 into my 2000 honda civic ex...pretty easy but finding the bracket for your power steering is a bitch

4. ebradley

ebradley New Member

thanks very much lads, iv sourced most of the parts just gettin d motor itself is a pain in d ass

5. bgslowhatch

bgslowhatch New Member

check out passwordjdm.com, there swaps come with everything you need for your swap.

6. DwnShftPrincess

DwnShftPrincess Senior Member

7. hondapartshero.com

hondapartshero.com New Member

hmotorsonline.com, you can get the whole swap with axles, motor mounts, and shift linkage along with the correct ECU and motor. You'll just need to do some wiring for VTEC solenoid, VTEC pressure switch, and the knock sensor.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted