Help with 90 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rinkeej

ok so i am really new to this.. i have a 1990 honda civic hachback. it has a custom paint job that is purple and changes colors depending on the way you look at it. anyway i just recently purchased it and it needs work!! i have a xouple of questions that i was wondering if ANYONE could help?? ok, first, i am losing oil quickly, and sometimes i have a spray out of my exhaust on the back of my car. whats that? second, my car is running rough and i dont know what to do about that. also sometimes it smells like antifreeze but my car doesnt read hot on the temp. gauge. so anyone know maybe what any of these things mean???

moved you post off to it's own thread. replying to a thread from last year won't get you anywhere :)

ok so i am really new to this.. i have a 1990 honda civic hachback. it has a custom paint job that is purple and changes colors depending on the way you look at it. anyway i just recently purchased it and it needs work!! i have a xouple of questions that i was wondering if ANYONE could help?? ok, first, i am losing oil quickly, and sometimes i have a spray out of my exhaust on the back of my car. whats that? second, my car is running rough and i dont know what to do about that. also sometimes it smells like antifreeze but my car doesnt read hot on the temp. gauge. so anyone know maybe what any of these things mean???
the changing paint is called harloquin paint,,it has nothing to do with why your car is acting up:D

the oil is being burnt,either your piston rings are fried or something is wrong with the valve seats,
as for the antifreeze,you might have a pin sized whole in the heater core(inside the car) and the hot coolant is slowly leaking(you wont notice it)

the changing paint is called harloquin paint,,it has nothing to do with why your car is acting up:D

the oil is being burnt,either your piston rings are fried or something is wrong with the valve seats,
as for the antifreeze,you might have a pin sized whole in the heater core(inside the car) and the hot coolant is slowly leaking(you wont notice it)

Good call on this one. If it was me I'd grab a cheap new sohc and swap it out right quick.

mine did that too, i have a 90 hatch also. after about a year of wiping oil off the back of my car, i just swapped a b16 in it

Back