1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with 90 civic

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by rinkeej, Apr 11, 2008.

1. rinkeej

rinkeej New Member

ok so i am really new to this.. i have a 1990 honda civic hachback. it has a custom paint job that is purple and changes colors depending on the way you look at it. anyway i just recently purchased it and it needs work!! i have a xouple of questions that i was wondering if ANYONE could help?? ok, first, i am losing oil quickly, and sometimes i have a spray out of my exhaust on the back of my car. whats that? second, my car is running rough and i dont know what to do about that. also sometimes it smells like antifreeze but my car doesnt read hot on the temp. gauge. so anyone know maybe what any of these things mean???

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

moved you post off to it's own thread. replying to a thread from last year won't get you anywhere :)

3. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

the changing paint is called harloquin paint,,it has nothing to do with why your car is acting up:D

the oil is being burnt,either your piston rings are fried or something is wrong with the valve seats,
    as for the antifreeze,you might have a pin sized whole in the heater core(inside the car) and the hot coolant is slowly leaking(you wont notice it)

1 person likes this.
  4. wadocrx

wadocrx honda builder by nature

Good call on this one. If it was me I'd grab a cheap new sohc and swap it out right quick.

5. JAKracing

JAKracing New Member

mine did that too, i have a 90 hatch also. after about a year of wiping oil off the back of my car, i just swapped a b16 in it

6. smok155

smok155 New Member

yea just leave it how it is for now suffer save money and swap

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted