Help with 91 Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hunter4life

Rotary Man
I know this question has been asked a million times but what do I need for a B18 swap into a 1991 integra (also which b18 do i need or is better). I read other threads and people have said i need a OBD1 wiring harness, what is this and can I just get one off a wrecked car or should I buy one new. Also do I need to buy engine mounts. Im still learning any help would be appreciated thanks. Any other helpful tips would be appreciated and I would like to say to all the people who are going to say not to attempt this swap based on my lack of knowledge I am not doing it alone but would like some background information first Thanks.
^_^

OBD refers to the wiring in the car. Your car is wired for OBD0, and a B18B1 is set up for OBD1. If you don't have much experience with this kind of thing then I'd look into a pre-made wiring harness. Rywire can make you one.

I believe this is what you would need:
Rywire - Online Store

As far as mounts go, you shouldn't need to change anything. The motor should just drop in and bolt up.

Quick question for you though...is there something wrong with the motor that's currently in your car? A B18B1 is almost exactly the same as the B18A1 that you already have. So unless your stock motor is blown, running like crap, or has super high mileage this swap is kind of redundant. The B18B only has 10 more horsepower than the B18A, and it's mainly because of the cams.

If your stock motor is still in decent shape then I'd just upgrade the cams, maybe do a little head work, and then build off of that rather than swap a B18B.

Just my 2 cents...

Okay well im looking to put some more power into my car and get it to 200-220hp as a daily driver, which i know is not much but just want a little more juice as i probably will sell this car in the future (keep it for a couple of years) what would be the best way to get to 200-220 without spending thousands of dollars. Thanks for any help and advice

Well, what is your budget exactly? That will determine what you're able to do.

Also, are you wanting 200 horses at the crank? Or 200 at the wheels? 200 at the crank is doable with bolt-ons, maybe cams and some headwork, and some tuning. For 200 at the wheels you should probably look towards a turbo setup, and that's gonna cost you probably around 2-3 grand.

Back