help with 97 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im not going to use it to drag its going to be a street car.

If you want 300 hp, and money is an issue because like you said the only reason your doing this is because of the discounts you'll be getting, then turbo is the most efficient, lesser maintenanced, and cheaper route to take. End of story there.

If you want a challenge, see how much power you can get reliably... like a scientist.

what do u mean reliably. and yes it would be cheaper to turbo but if i go n/a im spending total of 4 to 5 grand total

It's a street car so it's got to be reliable. You can make more power, but for how long? NA is high strung. Turbo is compressive force. Sometimes we speak of the triangle. Good reliability, high performance, and low cost. You can have any 2, but not all three. So you need to find the balance for your application. Basicly, build for autox since your going street.

i think i want good reliability and high performance.
but say if i do decide to turbo it would'nt it also get expensive

Not nearly as much. You could use a used turbo and rebuild it to save some coin. Also you don't even need head work for turbo. NA you would need an amazing port and polish costing over a G easily. You dont even need a cam to boost the F. Intercooler, BOV, wastegate, exhaust mani, and charge pipe can be had for under 1000 total easily. The tune is going to matter the most, but either way the tune will cost the same.

For someone who is asking us how to make a N/A car fast, you sure have that number set at "4-5 grand" for making 300 horse. You won't see those numbers without boost. And you could easily hit that number for a rough 2500 bones. $2500 MIGHT rebuild your block in a N/A setup to hit those same numbers

im currently at 260whp with my allmotor setup and ive spent 3000x3.75 so far to get that hp if you want me to break it down for you heres what your looking at
1.bad ass headwork im not talking your normal port and polish from some friend of yours. i got mine done through d.p.r. cost for stage 6 head with all new valves, valvetrain,cams=$3000

2.stroked block bored over ect ect the whole nine yards including sleeves sorry but stock sleeves wont cut it . i got all my engine work done by a.e.b.s. cost $2800 and thats for full assembly and all parts ie;rods,pistons,bearings balance and blueprinted

3.header got have a good one dc sports aint gonna help you there me i got a hytech cost$1400 and a 6 month wait but well worth it

4.i.t.b.s. you could try and do a diy setup but if your ballin in cash then twm is the way to go i picked up my set for $1200 plus another $200 for injectors 660cc

5 engine management when i started this build only thing out there was hondata which at the time didnt support itbs so i went with aem ems cost for me after the training classes i went to for 2 days $900

so add that up and then make your decision
Posted by 10sec.hatch https://hondaswap.com/engine-building/how-get-270-300-whp-n-jdm-itr-85447/

Event though he's talking about B-series, it's basicly the same. (but more expensive)

can i ask y do u recommend me to turbo my car

Because it will get you to your power goal cheaper AND more reliably then an N/A build making that much power.

and no it wont take 8 grand to make that power u are way off.

Yeah, it probably will, if not more. Have you actually built a 300 horse N/A Honda before? I'm guessing no, otherwise you'd know how much it would cost.

what do u mean reliably. and yes it would be cheaper to turbo but if i go n/a im spending total of 4 to 5 grand total

I doubt you'd see 300 N/A wheel horse for 4-5 grand. AND, a turbo setup, as long is it's tuned well, can be extremely reliable.

i think i want good reliability and high performance.
but say if i do decide to turbo it would'nt it also get expensive

You can make 300 wheel horse for much cheaper with turbo then with an N/A build. For 4-5 grand you could have a mean turbo Accord. I doubt you'd get that far putting that much into an N/A build, and I doubt it would be as reliable...

Back