Help With A 93 Civic lx Swap!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaguy93

hey all,
i have a 93 civic lx 4 door.im looking to put a vtec in it.i have access to a del sol soc vtec.i was wondering if that is going to do much for my hp or should i just get the doc b16.the soc vtec i can get for 500 and it is complete with aftermarket fuel rail and injectors,headers,and other goodies.throw some ideas my way!
-andy-

If you only have undre a grand to spend, then get the soHc . but if you have like 3 -4 g's. then go b16 or B18. The b16's and B18's will still walk the sohc all day long, especially considering the fact that your putting it the heaviest car honda made at the time. Power to weight ratio.

Darin

hey,
thanks for the info.i think for now im going to put the soc vtec in the car.its a starting point.do you know where i can get some good motor mounts for this project?
-andy-

your stock mounts are fine. the DS VTEC is a d16z6 i believe. its a direct bolt in for your car. you only need to add wiring for vtec itself, and use the p28 ecu.

if you want your mounts stiffer, fill them in with silicon.

how much is the del sol vtec (which is a B16)? im pretty sure you can find wiring diagrams in the articles section. im gonna go out on a limb and say if you have a 4 door lx you also have an automatic. this alone can be a good 500-1000 for a conversion unless ofcourse you are capable of doing it yourself in which case should cost no more than 500 in parts.

Originally posted by hondaguy93@Oct 19 2003, 05:02 PM
hey all,
i have a 93 civic lx 4 door.im looking to put a vtec in it.i have access to a del sol soc vtec.i was wondering if that is going to do much for my hp or should i just get the doc b16.the soc vtec i can get for 500 and it is complete with aftermarket fuel rail and injectors,headers,and other goodies.throw some ideas my way!
-andy-

please dont waste your money..........at least save a lil more for a DOHC nonVTEC swap.

hey,
i have a 4 door lx with 5 speed.im getting the sohc motor for almost nothing.so it isnt that much of a waste.it is just something to play with.if anyone has any ideas on the setup let me know.
andy

Is it a SOHC VTEC?, if so you can sell the whole swap on sites that love SOHC motors (example, www.homemadeturbo.com )

then add a few extra money on it, and get a DOHC swap...

trust me, i went that same route with a 91 sedan LX.....and it was a complete waste of money. (check signature)

I could understand if you had a CRX and you are swapping in the SOHC VTEC, but the sedans are way too heavy for such a low torque motor.
---------------------------------------------

whatever you choose to do, good luck with it.

later

you could also buy a 92 - 95 civic ex sedan... comes stock with that motor already in it.

he already has a car num nuts! he wants to swap the motor. let him do what he wants to. Maybe he isn't going for all out racing like most of us. If he wants to swap it let him. It is the easiest and it still is a upgrade. Go for what you want.

Darin

Back