help with a 94 ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
ok my friend has a 94 ex with sir2 in it.

1. bottom radiator hose leaks , what car schould it be from?

2. what wires does he have to add ? like knock censor.

3. all belts are fucked up. what kind of motor they from?

4. what happens if he does not add the knock censor?

5.on the top of the intake manifold there are two vacumm lines (so i think) where does the one closest too the front of the motor go?

thank you so much guys! i hope this is not one of the questions that is asked everyday. any awnser will help thanks!! :worthy:

del sol dohc vtec hoses or even integra hoses should work. belts need to be del sol dohc vtec or 99-00 civic si belts.

we just got back from the parts store and we got a 94 gsr hose and it was to big on the radiator,and the delsol vtec was to small where it goes into the thermostat.

i bet they gave you a sohc vtec hose from the del sol, you have to be very specific with those people because they try to do shit fast. a del sol dohc vtec radiator hose should fit fine and im surprised the integra hose didnt fit since thats what we used on my buddys hatch.

1.Guaranteed they gave you SOHC hoses..........

Buddy of mine did the same swap, spend a fortune on Del Sol hoses, fit perfectly, larger at one end and smaller at the other.......

What I did, bought reducers at the hardware store in the plumbers section, used a piece of my cx hosing, and the other from a b-series hoses, with four of them hoses ties ..... done..... without spending like a hundred bucks..........
2.knock sensor yes, search forums
3.B16a, Del Sol..... go OEM for belts.... just make sure its DOHC VTEC

son of a bitch. i knew it was the wrong fing hose. there was a girl working at the counter and she had a problem even looking it up on the computer. i'll go to a honda dealership today and pick one up. thanks!

do you know anything about the vacuum line ?

a pic would be helpful in this particular sitaution.

well if your using the sohc radiator the outlets are smaller then say a dohc motor.. the hoses you have are probably the right one for the upper. You need to get a new lower hose for a si. You can get a screw down clamp and tighten the fuck outta the upper hose. The vacuum lines on the manifold go to the evap purge.. on jdm motors they do not require this and if your using the jdm p30 it will not look for it......

Originally posted by slick*vic*@Mar 12 2004, 11:17 AM
well if your using the sohc radiator the outlets are smaller then say a dohc motor.. the hoses you have are probably the right one for the upper. You need to get a new lower hose for a si. You can get a screw down clamp and tighten the fuck outta the upper hose. The vacuum lines on the manifold go to the evap purge.. on jdm motors they do not require this and if your using the jdm p30 it will not look for it......

so schould i plug it or leave it open

is it a vacuum line coming off the intake manifold? or off the purge sensor?

hey sup man, i got a 94 ex too, and im gonna be doin the same swap in week or two. hit me up on the email if you wanna help a brotha out. cuz u can read alot of shit, but that's what messes u up. too many people post shit they don't know, so what im saying is, it would be nice to have someone to fall back on to see if they had the same problems or whatnot. thanks and good luck with your swap

Back