1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with a buddy's Prelude/Radiator!

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by EKDriv3r, Jul 14, 2010.

1. EKDriv3r

EKDriv3r New Member

Hey guys,

A buddy of mine is having a problem and I wanted to ask you what you guys thought of his "solution"

He recently cracked his radiator and simply put JB weld over it, let it dry/cure, and says it is good to go. I said, you better replace it before it goes completely.

Anything else he can do instead of replacing it?

Thanks for the help!

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

What park cracked? If its the end tank, then he may be OK assuming he cleaned the bonded areas really well, and is using stuff for plastic. A friend of mine has been going 20k on an epoxied end tank on a 95' M3.

3. EKDriv3r

EKDriv3r New Member

Hmmm... I'll check. I remember him saying "it's under the upper hose". I still have yet to physically "see" it, so who knows at this point I guess.

4. EKDriv3r

EKDriv3r New Member

So I got a chance to check everything out. LOL is all I will say. The "patch" job was covering a hole the size of a dime. Long story short, he wanted to go for a drive in his car, and about 1/2 mile down from his house, pop goes the radiator "fix". He quickly turned around and got home safely without overheating the car.

All I can say is that he just order one of those Mishimoto radiators that he kept talking about. Apparently, they just released one for the 92-96 Preludes. I guess since I am a Civic guy, I am used to like 8 different companies making parts for my car. Is it different in the Prelude "realm"?

Anyways, the radiator should be coming this week and I plan to go over to his house this upcoming weekend to help him to the install.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted