help with b16 i just picked up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just picked up a 91 hatch with a b16 swap i have a few questions i hope someone can help. when shifting in higher rpms about 6000 and up it feels like a grid but not shifting under 6000. when pushing the clutch down it seems alittle hard to me like where the cable is attached to the trans that arm is hanging up. any ideas?
also when your coming to a stop and take the car out of gear the rpms stay around 1500 until you come to a stop then they drop down under 1000 but when it does it feels like it is to low of an idle. i hope someone can help me out.

do you mean grind when shifting? that is usually 2 things your syncros are worn and need replacement, or you trans cable needs adjusting. I wouldn't worry too much about the RPMs coming down when in nuetral since it eventually idles, if you think the idle is too low then adjust it, 650 RPM +/- 50 in neutral no a/c on and unplug your iacv.

If you are having a hard time getting into gear at high Rpms thats due to pressure plate or glazed flywheel which makes it harder to engage gears. The idle can be due to fast idle valve needing adjustment or just adjust the idle screw. Check your ecu for any possible cells and if you happen to have a cell code that may explain your problem. Good Luck!

Back