Help with b16a2 ( USDM 00 SI) into my 98 DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

speedehatch

I was able to grab a complete SI swap with only 30,000 miles for 1300.00. The motor has everything...motor, tranny, axles, shift l, half shaft. I know the SI motor is out of a 99-00 civic and mine is 96-98, so there are things i need. What do i also need for this swap. I already am geting a P72 98 GSR ecu b/c i heard the SI ecu gives people problems, but what else like mounts and brackets do i need? I can use my stock DX wiring right, just needs to be wired for vtec?

first things first sell the p72 it is not going to do you any good because on the p72 there are sensors that you don't have on the b16 that the b18 has
second if you want to stay obd2 (don't know why) get a obd wire converter so you can use your 99si ecu
i am doing the same swap for my 97 civic lx so you are going to have to do the same things i am doing
next get yourself a obd1-obd2 converter or how ever it goes so you can use an obd1 ecu
get a chipped p28 and use that it is your friend
when you take your d series out make sure where your altenator you bang in about a half inch because the altenator will run the mounts on the b series engine will not work but you can use the rear and the tranny mount they do the driver side one unless you get a hasport mount you will have to use your stock mount and bracket
as far as your wiring harness you have no choice but to use yours and add the vtec wire unless you get your hands on a ex wiring harness everything thing else should work fine the shift linkage the axles make sure you have the right rear mount or you are going to be doing some filing and cutting and it is a pain in the ass have fun if you need help let me know

Back