Help with b18b head port and polish

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Feb 9 2005, 07:24 PM
dremel makes some bits you could use. still can't remember the name but they worked great for me.

Just go to Walmart or Homedepot and look for the gold ferride (I think) bits...theres like 5 in a pack and $7-8.
[post=458819]Quoted post[/post]​

I wasn't aware that dremel made bits for a 1/4 inch collet...
Dremel is too small for doing good work in a timely manner. I spent probably around 80-100 hours doing work on my ls head. I am getting a die grinder before the summer to do another LS head and a PR3 head.

It took me around 8-10 hours to port match each head with the dremel bits. I do agree though they really are to small to make decent progress in a reasonable amount of time.

the MAC tools guy that comes by my work sells a PnP kit w/ all different types of cutters and wheels for ~$125 its not made by MAC but the kit looks awsome

Originally posted by racintweek@Feb 10 2005, 05:23 AM
the MAC tools guy that comes by my work sells a PnP kit w/ all different types of cutters and wheels for ~$125 its not made by MAC but the kit looks awsome
[post=458974]Quoted post[/post]​

That's way too much, unless it comes with a die grinder. :)

you should see the kit, it as at least 50 diff bits, flappers, cutters, and anything else you would need, if you walk away from the MAC guy with a bill under $200 you are doing good

Back