Help with B18b1 swap into 92 civic cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

.secret.AZN.man.

I have a complete 94 LS complete car sitting in my drive way and I'm planning on swaping the motor into my 92 Civic CX. I have done many swaps before but this is my first for a honda. I have gathered a lot of information on how to do the swap but I still have some questions on what to use and I need detailed answers. So these are my questions:

1. Will I be using the LS or Civic Radiator and Hose.

2. Can I use the LS Power Steering without modifying anything.

3. Will all vaccum hose plug up.

4. Will all of the civics motor mounts line up with the LS mounting brackets. (Im confused with this one, I read that you will have to use the stabilizer mount from the del sol if I want to put in A/C. What if I dont run A/C, will I be fine with the civic mounts or do I have to use the one from the del sol.)

5. Will the pipeing after the cat line up with my stock piping on the civic.

6. Is doing the B18B engine swap different from the B18A engine swap.

This is pretty much some of the questions that I have on my mind. Im pretty sure somewhere down the line I will get stuck somewhere and have to come back to ask a few more questions. Any comments or corrections will be greatly appreciated.

IT IS EASY! it took me 6 hours alone to do the swap in my eghatchy!

i forgot what rad hoses you will end up useing but you got aplus keep the parts car till the swap is dont so you will have parts near by!!

you will prolly use all the teggy mounts!

if you are not running ac then you prolly dont need the bracket but some people still run the ac bracket off the teggy for alil more support!!! honda make it for a reson

i dont have power stering on my car so i cant help ya there sorry!

all the vacume and plugs will work mint use you stock civic motor harness on the teggy motor just dont mix up plugs i did it to this day i am still cheack engine light free!!!

the exhaust will be a lil problum i have see alot of the time it lines up tp the stock cat on you are but the blot hols are off about 90 degrees so you will proll have to cut it trun it and re weld it!

you will enjoy the hp gain and still the good gas milage!!!

good luck

You need the AC bracket, it is a stabilization mount. If you're running PS, than you need a B series bracket, from a car with PS.

I have a power steering pump mounting bracket from a b18c that I will sell if you need it. I'll sell it really cheap. Let me know if you are interested.

Back