help with b20vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

exileteg

wuts up...so i decided to go b20 vtec in my 97 teg....
i have a 99 civic si head so i was told that i needed a 99 si harness and ecu. well i purchased those products and i took out my stock ecu... but i dont know how to install the si harness n ecu...the stock harness is still in tact from firewall down to where the ecu was so i dunno if i remove those or do some chop n splicing..... does anyone klnow what that wide green plug from the si harness where they connect to the ecu is for and if it connects to the ecu? also i need to find out which plug goes in the first port i guess thats called the "A" port. ive done some research but cant find wut im looking for if anyone can help me out i'd deeply appreciate it
if you need pictures to understand what im talking bout just let me know n ill post some...

Last edited by a moderator:
wuts up...so i decided to go b20 vtec in my 97 teg....
i have a 99 civic si head so i was told that i needed a 99 si harness and ecu. well i purchased those products and i took out my stock ecu... but i dont know how to install the si harness n ecu...the stock harness is still in tact from firewall down to where the ecu was so i dunno if i remove those or do some chop n splicing..... does anyone klnow what that wide green plug from the si harness where they connect to the ecu is for and if it connects to the ecu? also i need to find out which plug goes in the first port i guess thats called the "A" port. ive done some research but cant find wut im looking for if anyone can help me out i'd deeply appreciate it
if you need pictures to understand what im talking bout just let me know n ill post some...

You didnt need to buy the si harness or ecu. Keep the harness you have and add any necessary wires you need such as knock sensor, vtec presssure switch, and the vtec solenoid. The si harness is not plug and play and will not work without some aditional wiring that is unessary. Then I would recommend getting a jumper harness to run a obd1 ecu and get some professional tunning. A stock b16a computer would run that setup like shit. There wouldnt be near enough fuel for one thing. If you convert to obd1 you will be able to have your computer chipped and tunned.

so i didnt have 2 buy the si arness n ecu....damn that sucks...so i can run that setup with my stock harness...and since you say i should flip to obd1 which ecu would be better to use like from wut car.

as for my ecu jumper would this be best for my situation
Rywire - Online Store

and for my vtec situation
Rywire - Online Store

You definetly want to get those harnesses you listed. I only by from rywire, they make good stuff. For a ecu your best choice will be a obd1 p28 out of a 5 speed. You wont want to run the car with the factory program however. These ecus can be socketed so they can be tunned and chipped. I have bought several from this guy he is great to deal with and sells quality stuff, here is one of his auctions, check it out. eBay Motors: P28 OBD1 Vtec ECU ECM Integra Civic EX Hondata P06 GSR (item 320136517166 end time Jul-17-07 09:24:31 PDT)

I would search in your area and see who does professional tunning with either CROME or Hondata. They should be able to prep the ecu for tunning and chipping for you. My advice is to sell that harness and ecu separately on ebay. That should pay for your new ecu and harnesses. Good luck!!

hey thanks for lokoing out... i definately apprciate it... i posted threads on many forum site n you were the only one to reply... yea i'll surely sell those items lol...i also have other items to sell from my old motor that i blew up racing.....thanks for everythin

Back