Help with build???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcivicsi

I have a 2000 civic si with a 96 b18c1 swap.I currently have just minor bolt ons such as:
AEM Intake
255 walbro
DC 4-2-1 headers
Apexi exhaust
b&m fuel pressure reg
AEM EMS

I was wondering what kind of HP can you get out of tuning the EMS with the minor mods I got?My goal is to get atleast 350 to 400whp with a full race stage 2 kit and other mods.I would just like some input on what you all think.

sell everything you have except the fuel pump. tune with crome. add pitons rods and intake mani and you should be fine with proper tuning

No its not better, AEM is one of the best. Its just a whole lot cheaper thats all.

i agree that the EMS can fund about half his turbo kit, but goodness, if he already has it, its almost silly to sell it.

Yeah I already have the EMS and couldnt get out of it what it cost.I also understand that the header,etc has to go in order for the turbo.What would be a good setup for turbo or all motor?What I mean is what kind of compression would be good for either?

9:1 for turbo 11-12:1 for all motor. and yes the header has to go if you go FI. you have to have something to bolt the turbo to.

I just dont understand why I keep getting told to get rid of the EMS and go with crome.All I have read is that if you can get an EMS go with it but if you are on a budget get crome.

truer words never spoken. crome is free a new AEM EMS is over $1k. see the difference?

Yes crome (the shitty version) is free. But crome pro is not I think its like 170

Quoted post[/post]]
Yes crome (the shitty version) is free. But crome pro is not I think its like 170

You dont have to get rid of the EMS you chose, but if you can do with crome what you can w/AEM for a tenth of the cost, does it make sense to keep the EMS. In my opinion AEM is a waste, sure its good for what it does/can do but you can do the same shit with Crome or Uberdata... So, would you rather spend $1k for AEM, $300 for dyno tuning, $300 for a wideband... or 170 for crome pro, $300 for dyno tuning, $300 for a wideband

my figures are off, but still...

again, you dont have to ditch the AEM, if it were us spending the dough, we wouldnt be going w/AEM... there's other shit to buy w/that $830 or so you save w/Crome Pro (or $1K + you save with crome free)

do what you like, you best bet is to find someone with Crome Pro and someone w/AEM and get their input on both progs...

Back