1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with cam/ gear swap...

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by efnick, Sep 29, 2007.

1. efnick

efnick New Member

ok so i got an si cam shaft/ gear from a junker. i want to swap it into my 90 dx(d15b2 i belive?) i need to know what other things i may need to make it work, like do i need the d16 timing belt? will i have to reset the lash on my valves? i got the gear and the shaft, so what things will i have to re set and how do i adjust the timing, do i move the gear on the shaft, the belt on the teeth, or what? and, will the bearings fit into the stock races without binding?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  2. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

go to the junker and find out how much for the whole si motor

3. efnick

efnick New Member

i would but a lot of bits and peices have been taken, along with the valve covers have been off for a while and i dont have a cherry picker. what do most of u guys use to pull your engines?

4. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

actually, believe it or not, I've pulled 2 motors out of junker cars to help my buddies, and its usually 3 of us using brute force to carry it, granted it was just a z6 and then an b18a1. can you find a different a6? if you can, then go get that one if your worried about the valve cover being off. Does it still have a hood? even if the valve cover's been gone a while, if it has a hood and the hood's been down it should be fine.

5. efnick

efnick New Member

thanks for the suggestions i appreciate them. im just kind of excited about building up my crappy little d15b2 using d16a6 parts. itll probably end up dying a gruesome death anyways, and ill decide what to drop in then.

6. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

haha I know exactly what you mean. trust me.

7. khrisb

khrisb ******

No!
    D-series.org

The guys there put a6 cams in all kinds of 1.5L engines. Look in the engine building and N/A forums. Works like a charm

8. daveholiday

daveholiday Do work

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted