help with clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kricket3000

hey, i need some help picking out a clutch, i got an 02 si 5sp[k20 ep3] the clutch is going out i think? it shifts fine but when you hit the gas and go over 4000 rpms it slips, i looked for clutch's for a little while but all of them said i had to change the flywheel to a type s, what a good brand at a decent price? i don't whant to have to do it twice, any input would be great! thanx bob

I would buy a exedy stage 1 clutch. They are the best clutch for anything under 250 whp. Plus there are extremely comfortable to drive. The pedal effort is just slightly higher then stock but the clutch has about a 30 to 40% increase in holding capacity. I would recommend one of their flywheels also. You might as well replace the flywheel, it is probably pretty worn anyways. When they are worn and not resurfaced they wear clutches out prematurely and you get clutch chatter and harsh engagement. Look for a package deal that comes with the clutch and flywheel. Check this out Exedy Racing Clutch & Flywheel Combo - Lowest Price Guaranteed You need part number [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]08-806-HF02 I have purchased from them before and they do a good job. Hope this helps!! ;) Oh by the way it has a 49% increase in torque capacity that is more then you will ever exceed.[/FONT]

if you thought about not replacing the flywheel to a ligthened one you screwed up already

Back