help with crx swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Scilingo

Hi, im going to be doing a motor swap with a friend of mine and i just need some help and tips from those who have done it before...basiclly a point in the right direction...Heres the set up:
1-B16a(SIR) w/ a hydro tranny that i put on when it was in my civic
2-91 CRX Si shell
3-p28ecu

I just need to know if i need to buy or do anything else before i start that, way i dont run into any problems...Thx alot, i dont have a car right now, so i gotta get this done inorder to get to work

bahahahaha

oh shit, where to begin here...

first off, you're gonna need a mount kit to put the B16 in the CRX...
hasport.com is your frind as you will see...

next, you need a cable to hydro conversion so you can use that tranny in the CRX... available from hasport...

next, you're gonna need some axles... also available from hasport...

P28 ecu, is for a sohc, and is OBD1... your shell is OBD0...
you can either get a OBD0->OBD1 conversion harness and have the P28 chipped to run a B16, or get yourself a PW0, or PR3 ecu, which is the JDM OBD0 B16 vtec computer...

you also need to worry about the shift linkage, also available from hasport...

check this link out...
http://hasport.com/Products/Mount%20Kits/Mount%20EFB2.htm

thats got the mounts plus all the shit listed above, except the ecu/wiring shit
hasport does offer some wiring solutions... check into it...

Also, it wont be smog legal, and theres nothing i could do about that right?

But that is it, the Mounts, the obd1 to obd0 conversion harness...because i do have a chipped p28 so i need to know the correct one..and the linkage

Is what worth it?? All that money and effort to do the swap? Well that is up to you. It is quit a bit of money but agian its all up to you. If your header is for a D - Series motor I dont think it will fit on a B series.

I have a b16 crx and I can tell you it is well worth it. I love my crx, the b16 is quite powerful in it. It's a fun car to drive and I wouldn't do a honda any other way :)

btw - I spent ~$3000 on my swap.

yea.. i got the shell, and i just ordered the mounts n shiftlinkage package, and i also ordered the conversion harness last night. so the rex is gonna be ready sooner tha i thought............but the headers that i have on my b16 that im puttin into the crx has DC 4-1 headers on it............i just want to know if there are 2 O2 sensors, or one........cuz theres only 1 bung on the header...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 22 2005, 10:24 AM
you'll need 2 O2 sensors. If the header only has 1, you need to have another bung welded onto it to fit the other sensor.

the P28 looks for 2 o2's?
[post=477009]Quoted post[/post]​

no, the p28 you only need one o2 sensor.

Back