HELP with emissions.. ... ...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. so i went back to the referee after changing my exh. mani.. i passed the visual.. now the tailpipe sniffer got me... my HC level measured at 276 and the max allowed is 100 on the idle test.. now to my question.. what would cause that to be so high on the idle test??.. but not on the 2500 rpm test.. someone please have an answer for me.. i'm about to pull out the little bit of hair that i have left.. :mad:

Buy that gaurenteed to pass stuff.

Fill up ur car, Max ur car out (beat on it) on the highway (kleening it out).

Go RIGHT to the insp. place.

Done.

Quoted post[/post]]
Buy that gaurenteed to pass stuff.

Fill up ur car, Max ur car out (beat on it) on the highway (kleening it out).

Go RIGHT to the insp. place.

Done.
would that fix the high HC level.. ??? it cant be that easy..

where would you find something like that.. how much is it.. and are you sure its guaranteed to pass..

anyone else?? i'm stumped on what it could be... and if it is running rich at idle .. how would i adjust that... ??

its been so long since youve talked about your car, what ECU are you using with your B16 (i remember that much). If you are using anything but a P30, that might be your problem.

Quoted post[/post]]
its been so long since youve talked about your car, what ECU are you using with your B16 (i remember that much). If you are using anything but a P30, that might be your problem.
you know why its been so long.. its been just sitting there waiting to be fixed.. and i finally did something about it .. and i'm running the USDM p30.. someone elsewhere said it was my plugs and wires.. but.. damn.. i'm so fed up with this shit.. i'm about to call it quits if it fails again..

i'm really stoked i passed the visual at the ref. but now i got the sniffer to worry about.. someone kill me please so i dont ever have to deal with this shit again..

get some seafoam. pour 1/3 in your oil, one third in your gas, and let your PCV suck up the last third. Then invite a stupid friend over and tell him you blew a head gasket. :)

your shit will smoke like crazy, but ive heard it helps pass the smog test. it reduces carbon build up in your engine. id let the PCV get the first hit, then turn off the engine, do the other two, go smoke a cigarette, come back and watch your car smoke for 5-10 minutes. after that you should be good.

Also if your cat is old, maybe it's time for a new one. My bro wasn't passing BAR with his swap, then he got a new cat and it helped. Or you can also try driving the car around before your appointment to let it warm up and run a bit leaner.

Quoted post[/post]]
Also if your cat is old, maybe it's time for a new one. My bro wasn't passing BAR with his swap, then he got a new cat and it helped. Or you can also try driving the car around before your appointment to let it warm up and run a bit leaner.

You could show up with the car really hot, and if you have to wit just leave the car running, that will help.

Quoted post[/post]]
get some seafoam. pour 1/3 in your oil, one third in your gas, and let your PCV suck up the last third. Then invite a stupid friend over and tell him you blew a head gasket. :)

your shit will smoke like crazy, but ive heard it helps pass the smog test. it reduces carbon build up in your engine. id let the PCV get the first hit, then turn off the engine, do the other two, go smoke a cigarette, come back and watch your car smoke for 5-10 minutes. after that you should be good.

Cant seafoam be bad for older cars?

why would it be bad? it gives directions for carbed engines too, so i dont see how it could hurt it...

welll.... i changed my plugs and wires this morning.. and i'm gonna try out that Guaranteed 2 Pass stuff... take the test at the referee, cause if i fail.. i get a free retest.. but i gotta drive out the whole tank of gas first..

i was talking to a shop and they were saying.. if i have JDM injectors that may be the reason, because they are bigger.. <--- thats what they told me... is it true.. if so how can i tell which injectors i have..

even if they are bigger, you have a JDM ECU so not gonna matter. They are still governed by japanese emission standards, which are a smidgen higher than even cali.

Quoted post[/post]]
even if they are bigger, you have a JDM ECU so not gonna matter. They are still governed by japanese emission standards, which are a smidgen higher than even cali.
wrong.. i have the USDM p30.. i had a JDM ecu....

Back