Help with getting a little performance?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grcygtr

I just got a 1985 Honda Civic hatchback, carburated, and this thing is slower than fawk. Granted, it gets decent mileage compared to my crawler, but WOW. I think I could push this thing and accelerate it faster than the engine... Is there anyway to get a few more horses out of it without swapping the engine? Is there an easy way to add EFI to it? Maybe out of another 85 Civic? I'm new to the whole import car scene. Forgive me for being a dumbass NOOB at this stuff.

Honestly, I'd just start with a major ass tune up and getting that carburetor overhauled, check to see if they make upgrades for it. GOOD LUCK!!!

go with the old first gen b16A swap, it's not that bad in your light ass ride.

Milan

they made efi engine in 85??
if so , just get one of those and drop it in, im sure you could get it for real real cheap,
thats if you dnt want to go crazy, you know just a slight upgrade

I'm pretty sure there was an EFI option in 85. I'm not sure how much work I want to put into the ride right now... What can I do about making it lighter? I've got my crawler down to about 3k lbs with 37s, so I'm sure I can pull at least a couple hundred off the Honda... Where can I get stand alone harnesses for Honda engines?

Back