Help with gifts for my Groomsmen

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chestercheeto48

VIP
Ok I am in a little bit of a bind with what to get the guys as a gift for standing up in my wedding. I have been in a few weddings myself and know that the go to items are things like cufflinks, money clips and pocket watches but I want to be different because these are my guys and you can only have so many sets of cufflinks with your initials on them. What are some of the coolest things you have gotten for standing up in a wedding?

Here is what I have so far.

I am done with my ushers = they are all getting a pocket square to wear with the tux and a watch that goes with the tux as well.

I have four groomsmen including my best man. I have a limit of 30.00 left to spend on each of them because I want to get them something else besides the watch and pocket square that goes with what they are interested in.

Best man - I am upping my limit to 50.00 for him because I want to get him something a little extra for planning my bachelor party and helping with wedding odds and ends. Plus being my brother makes it a little harder sometimes to let him know that I really enjoy hanging out with him. He works in the trades, just moved in with his GF and loves to hang out, drink beer, snowboard, and whatever else comes along.

Groomsmen #1 - metrosexual type - likes wine, art, architecture and clothes and anything cool and unique.

Groomsmen #2 - Best buddy in college - loves sports, golf, just bought a house with his wife and is a professional

Groomsmen #3 - I am done with - he is getting the watch and square plus a nice set of smith snowboarding goggles that I got a killer deal on. I go boarding with this guy every weekend and he has been borrowing my second pair since he lost his last season so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

I never thought that this would be one of the harder things to cross off of my to do list but it has been a pain in my ass to get that perfect gift. I am just looking for good ideas that you all have seen or can think of. Also I don't really care to hear any of the "save your money" or "they shouldn't expect a gift" comments because this is something that I want to do and I have been saving funds just for this specific thing.

Thanks for any insight.

Pocket knives ftw. Get something nice they they can actually carry around and use on a daily basis. Classy, thin, light, but strong. Buck or something.

Best man - I am upping my limit to 50.00 for him because I want to get him something a little extra for planning my bachelor party and helping with wedding odds and ends. Plus being my brother makes it a little harder sometimes to let him know that I really enjoy hanging out with him. He works in the trades, just moved in with his GF and loves to hang out, drink beer, snowboard, and whatever else comes along.
Depending on how emotional you want to get here, you can just buy him his favorite top shelf liquor or beer. You know the stuff he had on a trip, thats too expensive to drink on a regular basis or that is generally hard to acquire in a short amount of time.

Snowboard wear from beanies to wax to whatever. There's plenty of catalogs online from which you can chose gear.

Groomsmen #1 - metrosexual type - likes wine, art, architecture and clothes and anything cool and unique.
Membership to wine club. Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM) has a wine club/service. Buy him a classy/sharp/techy looking piece to go in his apartment/house (think deep, rich colored wood pieces, or smooth, shiny, black finished pieces that portray a refined image to match the person that you're giving the gift. There's plenty of fancy bottle openers, as opposed to the traditional foil cutters + cork screw. You can purchase a wine & cheese platter or wine related art. grape and wine bottle cutting board, etc.

Groomsmen #2 - Best buddy in college - loves sports, golf, just bought a house with his wife and is a professional

For this guy there's a ton of appropriate gifts.

Anything house warming related. The typical toaster, blah, blah type deal.

Anything golf related. Golf balls, club covers, polo shirt, other golf accessories that fit within the budget.

Professional. Shoe polishing kit, customized planner/address book if he doesn't use a pda. sharp looking tie that fits his style and personality. business card holder, etc Those sort of things may seem silly, but if he's a young professional and he doesn't have all the professional gear then I'm sure it would be appreciated if you gave him a gift that fell within this category. I'll tell you from personal experience that it feels great to walk into an office and have a sharp piece of professional wear that will impress your client or boss. You feel much more professional when you're pulling out your business cards from a nice, shiny holder than diving around through your briefcase or pocket to find a card. Its the simple stuff that helps separate yourself from the rest.

I hope these things help. Generally speaking, when I give a gift I try to put as much time and effort into the gift as possible, buying something unique that the average person would have overlooked, so that the recipient feels cared for and special.

honestly, i think you've done enough already for everyone but the best man.

a watch/knife/flask/some kinda gadget is common and is enough.

honestly, i think you've done enough already for everyone but the best man.

a watch/knife/flask/some kinda gadget is common and is enough.

So I guess the groomsmen to your wedding next month are going to be less than thrilled by your less than cavalier gift giving? :(

you can get each of them something that you wish, the item doesn't have to be the same for everyone.

For my groomsman I got them each a flask with their initials engraved on it, along with the date of the wedding 04/20/07, they love the 4/20 part. LOL. I also got a bottle of Remy Martin X.O. to fill the flasks for the wedding day. That stuff sure took the edge off for me when standing in that church. :shocked: :)

Back