help with gsr cams in b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

esp4life

i recently installed some gsr cams with jun adjustable gears in my b16a. the problem i am running into is that the car will idle really high, up to 1800rpm, when i tap the gas pedal really quick. other than that, it takes a while to warm up enough to even idle at ~1000rpm. we checked the timing and it's ok.

edit: hope this is the right section.

Quoted post[/post]]
i recently installed some gsr cams with jun adjustable gears in my b16a. the problem i am running into is that the car will idle really high, up to 1800rpm, when i tap the gas pedal really quick. other than that, it takes a while to warm up enough to even idle at ~1000rpm. we checked the timing and it's ok.

edit: hope this is the right section.

To me is actullay sounds like your IACV is your problem. You maybe able to adjust the screw to bring
your idle back down a little bit.

having troubles getting to the iacv screw. it's starting to just idle high at 1500-1800rpm. i had the same 1/2 tank of gas in the car for about 5 months. could that affect the idle?

it could, but not likely. i dont think it has to much do with ur cams, more then likely something went wrong with ur iacv or possibly tps sensor. if it isnt to much work for ya, try putting the old cams back in and be positive thats not the problem. the cam specs for b16 an b18c1 cams are identical sown low, i think, but im not entirely sure.
also, is ur timing a spot on? having timing a lil, goofy can set off the idle

Quoted post[/post]]
it could, but not likely. i dont think it has to much do with ur cams, more then likely something went wrong with ur iacv or possibly tps sensor. if it isnt to much work for ya, try putting the old cams back in and be positive thats not the problem. the cam specs for b16 an b18c1 cams are identical sown low, i think, but im not entirely sure.

we checked and rechecked the timing, and would adjust it as needed. turn the car off, back on, and then the problem starts back up. anyways, i sold the car last week, so it's not really a concern of mine anymore. the guy who bought it was informed of the idle problem and that i will HELP with fixing it, but no more of my money is going into the car. tonight we have the starter to replace, then replace the e-brake cables. i'll have someone come help me with the iacv. an oversized str throttle body makes it kind hard to get to.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

we checked and rechecked the timing, and would adjust it as needed. turn the car off, back on, and then the problem starts back up. anyways, i sold the car last week, so it's not really a concern of mine anymore. the guy who bought it was informed of the idle problem and that i will HELP with fixing it, but no more of my money is going into the car. tonight we have the starter to replace, then replace the e-brake cables. i'll have someone come help me with the iacv. an oversized str throttle body makes it kind hard to get to.

when you replaced the throttle body you may have messed with your throttle cable. you may need to loosen it up a little bit. that will tone down the idle.

Back