Help with IT-R in EK problems, PLEASE!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IT-R Coupe

I just installed a 98 It-r into my 99 civic si. The engine is running now but i have several codes. the main one i'm concerned about is the TDC code. I had to splice the crankshaft fluctuation sensor into the TDC wires in the distributor. i had them in both places and it threw a code both times. Did i splice them into the right wires or should it be somewhere else. Also i am not getting any voltage to the IAC motor. there is only one wire in the sensor that hooks to the IAC but it looks like on schematics that there are two. Last, there is a code for the engine coolant temp. Can't figure this one out. Engines not over heating but the radiator is pretty hot just after a short time of running. Anyone please help. Thanks

I don't see why you would have to splice any wires in the distributor with that swap (obd2a to obd2b?) Also if you are getting an ect code you may want to try checking to make sure that the sensors are connected correctly. The ect and another sensor share the same kind of plug. As for the overheating, do you have enough coolant. That would be the first thing to check.

I HAD TO SWITH FROM OBD II B TO OBD II A. AS FAR AS THE ECT I THE SENSOR HAS 2 WIRES GOING INTO THE PLUG. IT HAS A 12V REF. SIGNAL. MY IAC HAS NO SIGNAL AT ALL. THERE IS ONLY ONE WIRE GOING INTO THE PLUG. DOES THIS SEEM RIGHT? I ADDED COOLANT TO TRY AND FIX THE HEATING PROBLEM BUT HAVEN'T RAN IT LONG ENOUGH SINCE I ADDED THE COOLANT.

97CTR. FOR YOUR SWAP DID YOU HAVE TO SPLICE INTO THE DISTRIBUTOR. THEY SAID I HAD TO BECAUSE THE PCM RECOGNIZE DIFFERENT CKP SIGNALS. IS THIS TRUE. WITHOUT THE WIRES SPLICED IN THE ENGINE DIDN'T START. I SPLICED THEM INTO TDC.

gallery_1242_2_1100195554.jpg

If u still have the original motor and/or parts, why dont you use your original harness and ignition parts?

Originally posted by jspeceg@Dec 12 2004, 09:00 PM
use the stock harness from the si and wire it up and get a 99-00 ecu
[post=431040]Quoted post[/post]​

why would you get a 99-00 si ecu for if the motor is an OBD2a..??

Originally posted by chicken+Dec 13 2004, 06:36 AM-->
@Dec 12 2004, 09:00 PM
use the stock harness from the si and wire it up and get a 99-00 ecu
[post=431040]Quoted post[/post]​

why would you get a 99-00 si ecu for if the motor is an OBD2a..??
[post=431176]Quoted post[/post]​

I using a 99 si wiring harness. I am using a 98 IT-R ecu.

Originally posted by MXDesa@Dec 12 2004, 08:35 PM
If u still have the original motor and/or parts, why dont you use your original harness and ignition parts?
[post=431027]Quoted post[/post]​

I am using the 99 si wiring harness, and why would I want to switch out the ignition system, it's getting spark, and fuel. Its just that the pcm recognize different signals for starting. The si pcm recognizes signal from the crankshaft fluctuation sensor but the it-r uses camshaft position and cylinder position.

The main problem I am having now is that the IAC is getting no voltage in or out. The sensor has only one wire going into it? Does this sound right? If I remember its red with a green trace, I think.

Back