Help with limp mode

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bwells68

A friend brought me his 95 civic with a b18c1 already installed,car ran,no vtec operation,cel on. Ipulled codes had codes for vtec solenoid and knock sensor.They werent wired.Took care of that and wired vtec pressure switch too.Cel is out vtec operated once then it fell flat on its face.Wont rev over about 3500.I noticed iab wasnt wired either, will this put it in limp mode?I'm new to this kind of thing so any help would be appreciated.The cel is still out with no codes showing.This is my first post so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.I have done a lot of reading and this site has been a huge help so far with pinouts and diagrams.If anyone needs anymore info about this car I can get it for you.Ecu is a p72 and its a 5spd.My friend tells me he bought engine,trans,ecu,harness and axles as a package.

If you're using the original GS-R intake manifold then yeah, you probably need to wire up the IAB for it work properly...

You may have an auto ECU, a lot of people have the same problem because of an auto tranny ECU. The IAB being unhooked/not wired shouldnt put it in limp home mode. Try another ECU if you can get a hold of one.

I checked ecu when I got home,its a 003...by the chart thats a 5spd ecu.I was looking last nite at what I thought was the iab solenoid....in the middle of the intake....but the wire colors were incorrect....pink/blue was correct but instead of yellow/black it was solid black.Any chance someone mixed up a connector?I think I remember an evap solenoid having those color wires.

Just buy a chipped p28 ecu. This will eliminate your iab problem. UNLESS you really want to make it work properly. Im not a fan of those manifolds and ive actually seen them with the butterflies removed. Pretty nifty too.

Back