help with mileage problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

andrew714

my 1994 civic dx gets me only 200miles per tank. i used to get 350 easy. its been like this for 3 months and i have checked the air filter, oil, and changed to new spark plugs. this stock car should get me well over 200miles. I start school soon so now im starting to bitch. how do i tell if my o2 sensor is bad?

Nail It..and see if your check engine light comes on..youll also notice a lack of power after that..or just replace it..they dont cost that much..

Originally posted by andrew714@Sep 21 2003, 11:22 PM
what would gasing it all the way do? my d15 is slow as hell

HAHAHA.

He doenst want you to see if your car is slow or not, he wants you to floor it to see if the check engine light turns on. :spin:

nah, check engine light doesnt come on.. so o2 is still good?

Try adding fuel treatment to clean the system and injectors, also I would look into changing your fuel filter.
PEAS

lol..good answers in this thread..basically sounds like you need a tune up bro,do a valve adjustment if you can,like someone else said get a new fuel filter while your at it..get ngk or denso spark plugs,check your timing if you can..good luck doodsky

Originally posted by kingwilly@Sep 22 2003, 04:30 AM
lol..good answers in this thread..basically sounds like you need a tune up bro,do a valve adjustment if you can,like someone else said get a new fuel filter while your at it..get ngk or denso spark plugs,check your timing if you can..good luck doodsky

do a tune-up..i say replace the O2 first..and see what happens before u start replacing shit that is fine...youll save some money if its just that..

Turn your car on and check to see if you have a fuel leak anywhere. Look for any drips. Do you smell any gas fumes? My gas mileage was poor because I had a fuel leak. I noticed a gas smell too while I was in the car. My gas mileage improved after fixing the leak.

Back