Help with minimums

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flydex28

I was trying to run a game the other day that says it requires a minimum of 1.5 GHz+ CPU, NVidia Geforce 256 or better, and 512 mb of RAM. My computer has the 512mb , but only 1.4 GHz on the CPU and has the NVidia Geforce 4 MX 440. Can anybody tell me why the game wont play...is it the CPU or the GPU. I looked on NVidias website but I cant tell if I have a good enough card. Sorry not the smartest at compters...I learn as I go.

hell i cant remember...it was some game my brother brought over the other day...we tried to run it but it wouldnt work so I wrote down the info...i can try to call him if the name of game matters.

Pretty sure it the video card. Had that card once and upgraged it.

Judging by the min requirments, that game must be pretty new to have those as min requirements.

Most likley you are gonna need a card that can do pixile shading.

doom 3 tried that with me, i by passed it anyway. Even when i run 1900 res my computer didnt skip a beat :) But mine is now a beast...

2.2 ghz pentium M
512 mb Nvidia Video card
2 gb of crucial ram

I can tackle most games with ease.

the name of the game really helps. however, with an mx440, thats really cutting it short. at most you'll probably be able to do 640x480 with minimum settings for everything unless the game is really old also.

if you have the cash, upgrade the box. parts are cheaper than ever. for 90-120 bucks you can get a graphic card that will run any of last years games at medium to high settings.

Yeah...pretty sad huh. oh well I dont really use this thing for gaming anyways except flight sim and stuff. This computers a piece of shit anyways...But its lasted quite a while and still going fairly strong. I bought it in 2001 (gateway), and have replaced the video card hard drive and power supply...oh and added another 256 of ram. I've been thinking alot lately about just building my own since it would probably be cheaper and better anyways.

Back