Help with my civic LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

campoverde

I got a 97 civic lx, check engine light on and lights dimming and speedometer goes crazy, I connected the computer and I get 4 codes, the most important one for me was the speed sensor, I changed it and nothing happend, took it off and returned it. I checked the fuse boxes and relays there is a 7.5 fuse blown, disconected the batery terminals for like 5 min, changed fuse and it works fine, even the speedometer goes back to normal until it rains, once it rains, next time I start the car up and the light comes on again I have been doing this for over a month and im going crazy, I also got a new battery, and I was going to change the alternator, but I dont know if that is going to happen again if I change it. Its a stick shift if it helps. thank you for your help

I got the same problem... basicly I have thought maybe the conector on the trany is lose all together or just needs to be replaced ( Whole sensor + engine harness :( , lights dimming sounds like something is putting a drain on ya batt! got any aftermarket CD decks or anything?

Back