1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my civic LX

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by campoverde, Jun 15, 2009.

1. campoverde

campoverde New Member

I got a 97 civic lx, check engine light on and lights dimming and speedometer goes crazy, I connected the computer and I get 4 codes, the most important one for me was the speed sensor, I changed it and nothing happend, took it off and returned it. I checked the fuse boxes and relays there is a 7.5 fuse blown, disconected the batery terminals for like 5 min, changed fuse and it works fine, even the speedometer goes back to normal until it rains, once it rains, next time I start the car up and the light comes on again I have been doing this for over a month and im going crazy, I also got a new battery, and I was going to change the alternator, but I dont know if that is going to happen again if I change it. Its a stick shift if it helps. thank you for your help
  2. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

I got the same problem... basicly I have thought maybe the conector on the trany is lose all together or just needs to be replaced ( Whole sensor + engine harness :( , lights dimming sounds like something is putting a drain on ya batt! got any aftermarket CD decks or anything?
Draft saved Draft deleted