1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with my crank pully

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by serialkilla187, Sep 5, 2003.

1. serialkilla187

serialkilla187 Junior Member

ok to make a long story short my crank pully came off when i was driving 1 day and now that i got a new 1 and put it on it will only stay on tight for like 2 days then you have to tighten it again and the same over and over so if anyone knows what my problem is any sugggestion are well appriciated....thanx

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

sounds like you messed something up man. Try locktite or something? I dont know you're screwed

3. saturn_boy96

saturn_boy96 88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R

lock tite and make sure your torqueing it to honda spec.

4. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

This happened to me too. What u do is, if u have air tools, set the pressure to around 100-115 P.S.I. Put a 17mm socket on the air gun and let that bitch have it. It should tighten it enough to where it would come off again while ur driving. If you dont have an air gun or torque wrench, take it to a shop to do it. Also make sure that u didn't loose the "key" which is a little metal insert that keeps the crankshaft pulley from loosening as the crank spins. Its about half inch long by 1/4 inch tall, small as piece. Good Luck, if that doens't work use locktight.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted